|Kentucky QSO Party Operating Rules
- 1300Z June 5 until 0100Z June 6
- 9AM – 9PM EDT on Saturday, June 5
- 8AM – 8PM CDT on Saturday, June 5
||CW, SSB, Digital (RTTY only)
||160, 80, 40, 20, 15, 10, 6, 2
- Fixed Station – Single Op
- Fixed Station – Multi-Single (non-club)
- Mobile – Single-Op (NO driver assistance)
- Mobile – Single-Op (WITH driver assistance)
- High Power: More than 100 watts
- Low Power: 100 watts or less
- QRP: 5 watts or less
|Work KY Stations
||Once per band, per mode, per county (for mobiles)
- 1 point per completed Phone QSO
- 2 points per completed CW QSO
- 2 points per completed Digital QSO
|Bonus Station K4KCG
||K4KCG may be worked once per BAND and MODE for 100 bonus points per QSO. For example, a station working K4KCG on 20M CW, RTTY and SSB would earn 300 bonus points. Logging programs need not track earned bonus points — after your Cabrillo log is submitted, the KYQP committee will add bonus points to your posted score. Thus bonus stations may change each year, without needing logging program updates.
NOTE: KY Bonus station scores will be added to their Club score total.
||SSB: 1.865, 3,810, 7.190, 14.250, 21.300, 28.450, 50.135 and 144.250
CW: 1.815, 3.540, 7.040, 14.040, 21.040, 28.040, 50.095 and 144.060
RTTY: 3.580, 7.080, 14.080, 21.080 and 28.080
||For Kentucky Station operators (including mobiles)
- Each unique Kentucky-based station is a multiplier when worked in each of the 120 counties.
- When logging other Kentucky stations, enter the KY County as the exchange (not KY).
- Each USA state including DC, and each Canadian Province/Territory.
- DX contacts count for QSO points only. Enter DX for the exchange.
For Non-Kentucky Station operators
- Each Kentucky-based station is a multiplier based on their county.
- When logging Kentucky stations, enter the KY County as the exchange (not KY).
For ALL operators
- KY mobiles traveling to a new KY county may be contacted again for QSO Point and County Multiplier credit.
- All entries using 5 watts or less, Power Multiplier = 3.
- All entries using less than 100 watts, Power Multiplier = 2.
- All entries using more than 100 watts, Power Multiplier = 1.
- Total score = QSO Points x QSO Multipliers x Power Multiplier + Bonus Station points.
- An additional 100 points is added to your final score as a bonus for submitting a Cabrillo log file.
- There are no Assisted (spotting) vs Unassisted classes.
- Spotting Assistance is always allowed and encouraged!
||Plaques are awarded for the highest score in the CW, SSB, and Mixed categories based on merit:
- KY (Single-op, Multi-single, Club, Mobile)
- KY Bonus stations are not eligible for plaques, but Clubs are (note your club name in your Cabrillo file).
- All KY entries with the same club affiliation compete with all other KY clubs for the Club plaque.
- For KY stations, do not enter “Kentucky Contest Group” as your club affiliation.
- USA (non-KY)
||Visit the Log Submissions page to upload your Cabrillo log file.